POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : OT: GIMP tip : Re: GIMP tip Server Time
6 Oct 2024 12:33:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GIMP tip
From: Peter Popov
Date: 18 Mar 2004 09:07:41
Message: <mvaj50d6ikdjvgkipfhdj3fbbfv9o4ou91@4ax.com>
On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 14:26:30 +0100, "Thorsten Froehlich"
<tho### [at] trfde> wrote:

>But those are panes, not windows!  Of course you should not arbitrarily
>sprinkle content between multiple windows.  Some common sense really helps,
>and it has nothing to do with windows inside windows - panes are not
>windows.

Well, with The GIMP you have the tools window (not a palette because
it has its own menus), then an image window per file each with its own
menus, then anywhere between 0 and 20 floating palettes, and none of
those is visually associated with any of the others nor with some
common element (root window, common workspace etc.) It's... strange.

Maybe my wording was not entirely correct from a GUI point of view but
I hope I made it clear now.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg